I am so excited to be sharing my first "Advice Wednesday" on the blog today! For this weeks advice I wanted to share some tips on how to find fashion on a budget. It is really pretty easy, especially when you go in having a game plan and a spending limit. So, here are some of my tips for staying stylish on a budget!
1. Shop Discount: Shopping stores like Forever 21 and H&M can actually be really helpful, you just have to know what you are shopping for. I usually go for items made out of polyester or cotton because they keep pretty well. I have two shirts from H&M that have lasted me forever. One is a sleeveless floral shirt and the other is my white button down for work. Both wash really easily and were under $15 each; definitely worth it!
2. Factory Stores: Much like discount, factory stores are fantastic, just a little more pricey. I personally love Nordstrom Rack. I seriously can't leave without buying something; however, the items are a little more expensive, but because they are designer items it is worth it of you are looking to spend a little more. I bought my Kate Spade satchel there for $180ish and it was originally $350. Still expensive, but a great deal for a designer item!
3. Wait: I always advocate waiting till an item goes on sale. You will save money and you will know if you really want that item for sure. A lot of times I forget about an item by the time it goes on sale, so I don't even bother buying. It can be hard to restrain myself from buying on the spot, but it is definitely worth it in the end to wait!
4. Set a Limit: Whenever I want to buy something, I set a maximum spend limit for myself. By doing this I limit myself to what I can buy and I stop myself from looking at items with a high price tag. This tip has honestly helped me so much and I can't stress using it enough. Setting a budget is essential in every aspect of living, so it is good to get a head start while you can!
5. Have a Little Splurge: Every once in a while, we definitely deserve to splurge. Whether that means buying the pair of designer shoes you have been saving up for or just getting a sweet treat, everyone deserves to spend money on themselves. I like to save my splurges for when I am having a particularly emotional week or stressful time because it makes me feel a lot better!
How do you stay stylish on a budget?
P.S. If any of you have questions you would like me to address next Wednesday please comment below :)